What lube?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris

What do people think is the best lube to use? (On a shotgun that is)

Popular choices include – FP10 for lubrication and Brunox Turbo spray for cleaning

Let’s see what others suggest

Norbert

Until now, I use OTIS products, I am quite satisfied. But I have bought some froglube and will test it too soon.
    I have already tested breakthrough products, more in my handgun….and to be honest I am not happy with it. But will test again.

Paul Sarantis
    Participant

For the high friction areas (rails the bolt carrier rides on) I’ve been using some white lithium grease diluted very slightly with oil. It stays where I put it and lasts a long time.
    I didn’t need to re-lube at all during the world shoot, and actually shot a number of matches afterwards as well.

Everywhere I put oil, my go to is Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil.
    primarily because I have left over from my car’s oil change, but even if I were to buy it, one bottle will last my lifetime for all my practical shotguns.
    Has detergent in it to break down carbon etc.
    Cleaning my shotguns is as simple as a quick wipe with a paper towel and reapply lube.

As for products like Frog Lube, they are essentially a wax.
    Work somewhat ok as long as the temperature doesn’t drop too low.
    Here in Canada, we get cold temperatures, and I can always spot the floglube users as they are the ones with the sluggish actions.
    In a pistol, it will jam it right up.

Fireclean is basically a vegetable oil. It will go rancid and gum up in your firearm as it sits in storage.
    I learned that the hard way.

Promoters of these products will say people applied it wrong or overapplied the product, but I have zero tolerance for malfunctions so I won’t use it.

Stefan Wingert
    Participant

I have very good experience using a fully synthetic oil for car engines on my weapons. cheap to buy and, what in a car engine works, should also work in a gun 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.